Statement of purpose and background
Please type a brief statement in your own words (maximum 350 words) explaining your interest in studying English. Be sure to include the following details:
- Your full name
- Your personal interest in studying English
- Your experience studying English (number of years, formal or informal setting, with a tutor or school, etc.)
- Your thoughts on why IAEP is a good fit for your continued studies
Financial statement and certification (in English) dated within 90 days of your application
The U.S. government requires that you demonstrate sufficient financial resources will be available to you while studying in the United States. Please use the chart below to estimate your total expenses. You may provide financial certification in one of two ways:
- Complete the "Financial Statement and Certification" (p. 3) of the application form. If someone else is providing proof of financial support, please clearly indicate your relationship to this person and make sure he or she signs where indicated.
- Submit a letter from a bank.
If family members will be accompanying you to the United States, you must add $600 per month for your spouse and $400 per month for each child to your estimated expenses (figures in U.S. dollars).
IAEP fees and estimated minimum expenses
(for minimum three-SESSION commitment)
(+ $1,600 for each additional four-week session)
|Estimated living expenses*
(+ $1,500 for each additional four-week session)
|Total fees and estimated expenses
*This estimate is based on shared housing and the use of public transportation. If you rent a private apartment or have a car, your expenses may be higher.
Note: Your financial statement and certification must demonstrate that the dollar amount for your total fees and estimated expenses is available in your bank account. Program fee is payable to UC Regents. All fees are subject to change without notice.
Résumé/curriculum vitae (C.V.)
- Include a chronological list of all employment and the duties you performed.
- If you do not have an employment history, please detail your educational history. Please include all degrees earned or courses attended and any other experience that may be of interest to the academic review committee.
English language proficiency scores
Please submit your score from an English language test in accordance with the requirements below. (Results must be from a test taken within the past two years.) The ETS institution code is 9216, and the department is undergraduate.
- TOEFL: 40 (iBT)
- IELTS Academic Format: 4.0
Transcript and English translation
Please provide a transcript for the highest level of education completed. An official English translation is required.
Copy of your passport photo identification page and expiration date
- Include the page in your passport showing your full name and the expiration date.
- Include the same passport page for any dependents traveling with you.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months beyond the last date of your program of study in the United States.
$150 application fee
- Your application cannot be reviewed without this fee.
- Payment by credit card: Include your credit card number, expiration date and approval signature with your application.
- Payment by money order or bank draft: Make it payable to UC Regents. Your money order or bank draft must be drawn on an account held at a U.S. bank or a U.S. branch of an international bank.