To break into the business field or advance your career, UC Berkeley Extension offers you the education and practical skills that make the difference in getting ahead. Our finance, economics and accounting courses teach real-world skills and techniques in areas such as asset pricing, corporate finance, macroeconomics and working capital. Learn the latest approaches to project management, leadership, human resource management, marketing, business administration and more with our professional certificates and comprehensive programs. Instructors with senior-level experience at top companies ensure an education you can apply on the job. And evening, weekend and online classes offer the flexibility that fits your busy schedule. Most courses are held in Berkeley, San Francisco, Belmont and online.
Find courses in the following areas:
Professional certificates are the highest level of academic achievement from UC Berkeley Extension. Specialized programs of study provide focused subject concentrations to develop skills within specific disciplines. Learn more.
- Certificate Program in Accounting
- Certificate Program in Business Administration
- Certificate Program in Business Analysis
- Certificate Program in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Certificate Program in Finance
- Certificate Program in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Certificate Program in Human Resource Management
- Certificate Program in Leadership and Management
- Certificate Program in Marketing
- Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate Program in Personal Financial Planning
- Certificate Program in Project Management
Specialized programs of study
- CPA Examination Preparation
- Professional Program in Business Process Management
- Professional Program in Women and Leadership
- Professional Sequence in Agile Management
- Professional Sequence in Managing Marketing Communications
- Professional Sequence in Marketing Metrics and ROI
- Professional Sequence in Project Human Resource Management
- Professional Sequence in Sales Management
- Professional Series in Strategic Online Marketing
- Program in Professional Communication
Private professional fiduciaries manage the property, finances and care of individuals incapable of performing those activities for themselves. Available courses:
Best Practices for the Private Professional Fiduciary
Study such subjects as understanding liabilities and remedies for professional fiduciary mistakes, finding the right mentor and internship, developing systems and practices in your office, and working with other professionals as part of a team to benefit your clients. Learn more.
Fiduciary as Administrator of Estate (Probate, Trust Administration, Conservatorship)
Learn from fiduciaries, attorneys and court personnel to gain an understanding of the common problems and solutions in estate administration. Learn more.
Fiduciary Financial Planning, Investment Management and Ethics
Gain an understanding of the financial planning and investment management concepts and guidelines to work in a fiduciary capacity with individuals who are unable to manage their own financial affairs. Learn more.
Introduction to Being a Private Professional Fiduciary and Special Needs Trust Administration and Public Benefits
Understand how to review a special needs trust document, distinguish between public benefit programs and the effect that distributions can have on public benefits. Learn more.