Stay up to date with courses and trends in Business
"I applied what I learned in class, and that worked really well: I got my promotion."
Read more from Lakshmi Nathan.
Our finance, economics and accounting courses teach real-world skills and techniques in areas such as asset pricing, corporate finance, macroeconomics and working capital. Learn the latest approaches to project management, leadership, human resource management, marketing, business administration and more with our professional certificates and comprehensive programs. Instructors with senior-level experience at top companies ensure an education you can apply on the job. Evening, weekend and online classes offer the flexibility that fits your busy schedule. Courses are held in Berkeley, San Francisco, Belmont and online.View fall 2015 Business courses (.pdf)
Professional certificates are the highest level of academic achievement from UC Berkeley Extension. Specialized programs of study provide focused subject concentrations to develop skills within specific disciplines. Learn more.
- Certificate Program in Accounting
- Certificate Program in Business Administration
- Certificate Program in Business Analysis
- Certificate Program in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Certificate Program in Finance
- Certificate Program in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Certificate Program in Human Resource Management
- Certificate Program in Leadership and Management
- Certificate Program in Marketing
- Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate Program in Personal Financial Planning
- Certificate Program in Project Management
Specialized programs of study
- CPA Examination Preparation
- Professional Program in Business Process Management
- Professional Program in Women and Leadership
- Professional Sequence in Agile Management
- Professional Sequence in Managing Marketing Communications
- Professional Sequence in Marketing Metrics and ROI
- Professional Sequence in Project Human Resource Management
- Program in Professional Communication
New data released by Dow Jones VentureSource shows a steady climb in the number of venture-backed IPOs. In 2014 alone, there were 105 venture-backed IPOs, a 42% increase, compared to the previous year. In addition, 2014 saw $30 billion in venture capital fundraising for 254 funds, a 69% increase compared to 2013. The market is strong to get your enterprise off the ground. Learn how you can get your share of the dollars with the Certificate Program in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
Employment of paralegals and legal assistants is projected to grow 17 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. This occupation attracts many applicants, and competition for jobs will be strong. Are you prepared? Learn how you can enter this growing field with the Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies.