Stay up to date with courses and trends in Business
"Before this certificate, I didn't know risks could be positive. This is helping us resolve a potentially very serious problem."
Read more from Kate St. Amour.
Our finance, economics and accounting courses teach real-world skills and techniques in areas such as asset pricing, corporate finance, macroeconomics and working capital. Learn the latest approaches to project management, leadership, human resource management, marketing, business administration and more with our professional certificates and comprehensive programs. Instructors with senior-level experience at top companies ensure an education you can apply on the job. Evening, weekend and online classes offer the flexibility that fits your busy schedule. Courses are held in Berkeley, San Francisco, Belmont and online.
Professional certificates are the highest level of academic achievement from UC Berkeley Extension. Specialized programs of study provide focused subject concentrations to develop skills within specific disciplines. Learn more.
- Certificate Program in Accounting
- Certificate Program in Business Administration
- Certificate Program in Business Analysis
- Certificate Program in Finance
- Certificate Program in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Certificate Program in Human Resource Management
- Certificate Program in Leadership and Management
- Certificate Program in Marketing
- Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate Program in Personal Financial Planning
- Certificate Program in Project Management
Specialized programs of study
- CPA Examination Preparation
- Professional Program in Business Process Management
- Professional Program in Women and Leadership
- Professional Sequence in Agile Management
- Professional Sequence in Marketing Metrics and ROI
- Professional Sequence in Project Human Resource Management
- Professional Sequence in Small Business Management
- Program in Professional Communication
HOW TO UNDERSTAND YOUR DATA TO MAKE AGILE MARKETING DECISIONS
If content is king, then data is the ace in your pocket.
And it's no wonder: As more marketing efforts continue to live in the digital sphere, savvy marketers need to identify their key performance indicators (KPIs) and synthesize the resulting data to see if their efforts were a big-win or crash-and-burn.
Strategic marketer Stephan Sorger—an honored instructor for the past 13 years—is on the bleeding-edge of marketing analytics. Nearly 10 years ago, Sorger developed the first marketing analytics course on the West Coast at UC Berkeley Extension. He continues to adapt his courses to reflect new requirements in the workplace so that his students are best-prepared to succeed. "We teach the technologies that companies are looking for—R, Tableau and SQL," Sorger says. "One of the growing trends is toward open-source software, so we really emphasize that. Companies are looking for the next level of analytics, such as market sizing—whether the market is growing or shrinking."
2013 GRADUATE VINCENT SCARLATA BRINGS PM SKILLS TO FINANCIAL SERVICES
For 22 years, Vincent Scarlata had a successful career as a business analyst at a San Francisco financial services firm. But when a sudden staff reduction meant that he also had to assume the responsibilities of a project manager, Scarlata realized that he would need in-depth training to take on both roles effectively. "I wanted to learn the right way of doing things instead of just dealing with challenges as they came up, so I started taking classes at Extension," says Scarlata. "I liked that the classes were longer, go in depth and had different delivery options. You learn a good amount of detail that you can actually put into use right away at the office."
Scarlata recently sat down with us at our San Francisco campus to talk about his work three years after graduating. Read on.
Employment of paralegals and legal assistants is projected to grow 17 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. This occupation attracts many applicants, and competition for jobs will be strong. Are you prepared? Learn how you can enter this growing field with the Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies.