Email: Concurrent Enrollment
Phone: (510) 642-4111.
Take Classes at Cal
Concurrent Enrollment lets you take fully accredited college courses on a space-available basis at UC Berkeley without going through an extensive admissions process.
1. Find a class on the Cal campus. The Schedule of Classes displays whether a class is open or if it has a wait list. If a section has a wait list, please choose a different, open section.
2. Get approval from the instructor. Contact the instructor to confirm that space is available in the class, that you have satisfied any prerequisites and that the class will meet your needs.
3. Check with the department to see if it has an additional departmentally administered application process. (Some departments, such as Physics, have such additional processes.)
4. Apply for enrollment, and pay the application and course fees by these deadlines:
5. After you pay the required fees, Extension forwards your application to campus for approval. You should check the status of your application through your Concurrent Enrollment account to ensure your request is approved in a timely manner. Attend the first class meeting, even if your application is still under review.
6. You will receive an email notification once your application is approved or rejected.