To Be Successful in an Online Course, You Should:
- Be an independent and self-motivated learner.
- Have access to a computer with a fast, reliable Internet connection and adequate updated software (Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer browser, QuickTime). View the technical requirements.
- Know how to perform basic computer functions (saving and attaching files, creating folders) and navigate the Internet (using search engines, entering passwords).
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly using email and an online discussion board to work on assignments with students who may be in different time zones.
- Be disciplined in setting and maintaining a schedule to complete your work and provide timely responses to other students and the instructor, even when there are distractions online (checking personal email, perusing social media) or at home (television, family, social activities).
- Have a study room that is free from distractions.
- Be comfortable being online several times a week to participate in your course.
- Be proactive in asking appropriate questions when assignments, concepts or homework solutions are unclear.