Teach for UC Berkeley Extension
The University of California Berkeley Extension invites highly qualified instructors to submit resumes and course proposals to academic and professional departments within Extension, the continuing education arm of UC Berkeley. We are looking for people who have:
- Experience teaching or training in the classroom and/or online
- Extensive professional experience in their field
- A master's or doctorate in their field or a related subject
- A combination of the above experience and expertise to share
We offer you this opportunity to work with focused, dedicated students in a learning community that is intellectually and professionally stimulating and rewarding. The benefits of being employed at UC Berkeley Extension include:
- Our Students: Instructors tell us that they return to teach because UC Berkeley Extension draws students who are highly motivated and self-actualizing. Our professional and personal enrichment programs attract adult learners who enter the classroom with a depth of life experience and a high level of education and maturity that enriches the classroom experience. Our International Diploma Programs attract bright and ambitious students from more than 35 countries. Our Fall Program for Freshmen provides a small, nurturing, and academically rigorous community that prepares traditional students to matriculate to the main UC Berkeley campus in the spring.
- Our Reputation: UC Berkeley is a world-renowned center for research and learning. Association with UC Berkeley, through teaching engagements with Extension, offers you the opportunity to affiliate with the University in an academic role.
- Orientation and Professional Development: We want you to get off to a good start. Every August, we invite you to meet with other instructors and UC Berkeley Extension staff for an orientation session. Returning instructors are invited to attend for a refresher and to meet their Extension teaching colleagues. Some programs also offer professional development and networking opportunities.
- Library Privileges: UC Berkeley has the fourth largest library collection in the world! During your teaching term you have UC Berkeley Library privileges, including access to the stacks and access to electronic databases and electronic journals.
- Other Benefits for UC Employees: Discounts on computer equipment at The Scholar's Workstation, free Calmail email account, free admission and discounts to UC museums and athletic and cultural events. See more information on privileges and benefits.
To apply …