37.5 hours MCLE credit for attorneys;* *40 hours CE credit for HR managers (HRCI), LCSW/MFT's, nurses, and psychologists (APA)
This course satisfies the training requirements for most court and agency panels.
Do you want to successfully resolve business disputes with confidence? With courts clogged and lawsuits and business conflicts on the rise, mediation skills can become an essential part of your skill set. In this intensive 40-hour training, you gain the ability and confidence to resolve almost any dispute as a mediator, negotiator or representative. Through lecture, discussion, dispute simulations and video, you learn the skills and strategies of a successful mediator. A complete set of model forms for your practice or program is also included.
- Discover several different models of mediation
- Explore which overall strategies and specific techniques are most effective for which types of disputes
- Become familiar with the use of prepared written materials to structure mediated negotiations
- Discuss case studies of several real mediation cases
- Practice making on-the-spot choices in mediation-simulation practice exercises
- Observe and evaluate effective mediation techniques
- Learn the ethical principles, legal protections and requirements that define and govern the field
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for professionals who deal with conflict regularly, including attorneys, judges, psychologists, and marriage and family mediators/counselors. The course is also appropriate for business managers, human resource managers and government agency personnel who want to improve their skills in dealing with conflict.