Gain a thorough understanding of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) diagnostic criteria for PTSD; recognize clinical manifestations of the disorder; and review considerations for treatment, including psychotherapy and medications.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Identify possible factors that may increase vulnerability to PTSD
- Recognize clinical manifestations of the disorder
- Review consideration for treatment, including psychotherapy and medication
- Identify conditions that are often co-morbid with PTSD