UC Berkeley Extension is pausing Intensive Academic English Program instruction with the close of the fall 2014 term. Normal program operation and instruction will continue through Dec. 12, 2014.
Students who wish to continue their studies after the fall 2014 term must transfer to other programs for 2015. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) or contact email@example.com for further information.
UC Berkeley Extension’s Intensive Academic English Program (IAEP) provides the highest-quality academic English training to speakers of other languages. With IAEP, you gain much more than simple conversation skills: You receive a thorough foundation in university-level English to develop abilities in speaking, listening, reading, academic writing, pronunciation and grammar, as well as a social and academic orientation to life and study in the United States. Get program details.
- Minimum three-month commitment; stay until you meet your language goals
- Ongoing admissions throughout the year
- 20 class hours per week (four hours per day, five days per week)
- Small personalized classes located in beautiful downtown San Francisco
- Diverse classmates from around the world
- Highly experienced, caring instructors and staff members
- Services such as access to UC Berkeley recreational facilities, housing assistance, academic advising, health insurance and computer labs
- Award of Proficiency granted at successful completion of highest instruction level
All students age 18 and older with intermediate to advanced English skills are encouraged to apply.