The Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP) is excited to announce four (4) scholarships, up to $5,000 each, to be applied toward the program costs.
You must apply to the program at the same time you apply to the scholarship.
Note: The maximum award is now $5,000, up $1,000 and our biggest scholarship to date.
|Fall 2019 Cohort|
|June 2, 2019, 11:00 pm (PST)|
- Current undergraduate or graduate international students (or students who have graduated within the last 2 years).
- 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) in your undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Must apply before the program application deadline
How to ApplyFall 2019 Scholarship Application
Complete the online application form. In the online application, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Reason for Applying: In 250 words or less, briefly describe the reason you are applying for the scholarship.
- Statement of Personal and Professional Goals—What the Haas Defining Principles Mean to You: In 500 words or less, please describe what the Haas Defining Principles mean to you, and how incorporating these principles in your life may help you attain your personal and/or professional goals.
- Professional or Academic Letter of Recommendation: In support of your abilities and personal and/or professional goals, please request that a professional or academic colleague (such as a supervisor, manager or recent instructor) directly email a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your recommender to include your name and "recommendation" in the email subject line and to include his or her professional or academic association with you in the body of the letter. Acceptable formats for the recommendation letter are MS Word or PDF.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements
If awarded a BHGAP scholarship, recipients are expected to:
- Create a minimum of 5 blog postings describing different aspects of the BHGAP program experience (classes, Berkeley life, etc.).
- Post at least 5 BHGAP-related social media posts, with photos and video, over the course of the semester.
- Submit reviews and testimonials on at least 3 websites selected by BHGAP (for example, post a program review on the BHGAP Facebook page) at the end of the program.
- Call in and help answer questions from prospective students during live online information sessions hosted by UC Berkeley Extension, upon request.
If you have been awarded a scholarship, you will be notified within three weeks after the program application deadline. Additional details will be provided then.