Fall 2018 Scholarships
The Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP) is excited to announce four (4) scholarships, up to $5,000 each, to be applied toward the Fall 2018 program (August 20–December 14, 2018).
Note: The maximum award is now $5,000, up $1,000 and our biggest scholarship to date.
- Current undergraduate or graduate international students (or students who have graduated within the last 2 years).
- Must apply to Fall 2018 BHGAP prior to June 3, 2018.
- 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) in your undergraduate or graduate studies.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form. In the online application, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Reason for Applying: In 250 words or less, briefly describe the reason you are applying for the scholarship.
- Statement of Personal and Professional goals—What the Haas Defining Principles Mean to You: In 500 words or less, please describe what the Haas Defining Principles mean to you, and how incorporating these principles in your life may help you attain your personal and/or professional goals.
- Professional or Academic Letter of Recommendation: In support of your abilities and personal and/or professional goals, please request that a professional or academic colleague (such as a supervisor, manager or recent instructor) directly email a letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Please ask your recommender to include your name and "recommendation" in the email subject line and to include his or her professional or academic association with you in the body of the letter. Acceptable formats for the recommendation letter are MS Word or PDF.
Your online application and letter of recommendation must be received by 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) on Monday, June 3, 2018. Convert this time to your time zone.
Students must apply to both the BHGAP program AND the scholarship by June 3.
Scholarship recipients will be notified individually within three weeks of the application deadline.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements
If awarded a BHGAP scholarship, recipients are expected to:
- Create a minimum of 5 blog postings describing different aspects of the BHGAP program experience (classes, Berkeley life, etc.).
- Over the course of the BHGAP semester, post at least 5 BHGAP-related social media posts that include photos and video.
- At the end of the program, submit BHGAP reviews and testimonials on at least 3 websites selected by BHGAP (for example, post a program review on the BHGAP Facebook page, etc.)
- Call in and help answer prospective questions during live online information sessions hosted by UC Berkeley Extension, upon request.
If selected for the scholarship more details and instructions will be provided along with the scholarship acceptance agreement.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.