Whether you're an industry professional or a college graduate preparing for an advanced degree, UC Berkeley Extension has the academic quality you need. Enhance your background with a variety of lower-division prerequisites and upper-division science courses to prepare for health professions programs, or further your education with coursework in advanced biosciences and biotechnology. Our coursework will help you
- prepare you for advanced programs in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy and other health care programs;
- stay current with the industry's latest developments and learn practical knowledge on topics of critical importance to life sciences companies;
- meet the math and statistics requirements to enter M.B.A. or other advanced degree programs; and
- meet the requirements and improve your science grade point average to be a competitive applicant for graduate school or clinical laboratory science programs.
Find courses in the following areas:
Professional certificates are the highest level of academic achievement from UC Berkeley Extension. Specialized programs of study provide focused subject concentrations to develop skills within specific disciplines. Learn more.
Specialized programs of study
- Advanced Biosciences Program
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist Preparatory Program
- Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions Program
- Professional Program in Life Sciences Business
- Professional Program in Project Management in the Life Science Industries
- Professional Program in Quality and Compliance for Biotechnology
- Professional Program in Regulatory Affairs
The Drug Development Process: An Intensive Seminar
Get a detailed picture of all aspects of the complex and highly interrelated activities involved in bringing a pharmaceutical discovery to approval and market. Class discussions are guided by experts with years of hands-on experience with large and small pharmaceutical, biotechnology and related companies.
San Francisco Campus
Attend Osteopathic Medicine: Myths and Realities to get an in-depth look into the field of osteopathic medicine from Gina Moses, M.Ed., who will address the nuances of osteopathic medical education and how that differs from allopathic medicine in this free public event.
March 5, 6:30–8:30 pm
Berkeley: Golden Bear Center
Reserve your seat today!
Noted life sciences recruiter Toby Freedman describes the many career opportunities in industry, government and nonprofits, based on her interviews with more than 200 industry executives. Freedman offers her executive recruiting perspective on networking, résumés and interviewing so that you can be more prepared and stand out from other applicants. Watch now!