Whether you're an industry professional or a college graduate preparing for an advanced degree, UC Berkeley Extension has the academic quality you need. Enhance your background with a variety of lower-division prerequisites and upper-division science courses to prepare for health professions programs, or further your education with coursework in advanced biosciences and biotechnology. Our coursework will help you
- prepare you for advanced programs in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy and other health care programs;
- stay current with the industry's latest developments and learn practical knowledge on topics of critical importance to life sciences companies;
- meet the math and statistics requirements to enter M.B.A. or other advanced degree programs; and
- meet the requirements and improve your science grade point average to be a competitive applicant for graduate school or clinical laboratory science programs.
Find courses in the following areas:
Professional certificates are the highest level of academic achievement from UC Berkeley Extension. Specialized programs of study provide focused subject concentrations to develop skills within specific disciplines. Learn more.
Specialized programs of study
- Advanced Biosciences Program
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist Preparatory Program
- Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions Program
- Professional Program in Life Sciences Business
- Professional Program in Project Management in the Life Science Industries
- Professional Program in Quality and Compliance for Biotechnology
- Professional Program in Regulatory Affairs
Biological and Chemical Sciences
Life Science Industries
Genomic and Precision Medicine
Discover how advances in genomic science are affecting health care today by dramatically changing the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease. The discussion will be led by Jeanette McCarthy, M.P.H., Ph.D., who is an adjunct associate professor of medicine at Duke University and is a visiting faculty member in the Division of Medical Genetics at UCSF.
Thursday, Oct. 23
Berkeley: Golden Bear Center
Reserve your seat today!
The Drug Development Process: An Intensive Seminar
Get a detailed picture of all aspects of the complex and highly interrelated activities involved in bringing a pharmaceutical discovery to approval and market. Class discussions are guided by experts with years of hands-on experience with large and small pharmaceutical, biotechnology and related companies.
San Francisco Campus