Use your knowledge and experience to make a real difference in people's lives. Teach for UC Berkeley Extension, and enjoy the rewards that come with sharing your expertise with our highly motivated students. We are looking for people who have:
- Experience teaching or training in the classroom and/or online
- Extensive professional experience in their field
- A master's or doctorate in their field or a related subject
- A combination of the above experience and expertise to share
Teaching appointments are by agreement for the length of the academic term. If you are interested in teaching for UC Berkeley Extension, email your résumé/CV and cover letter to the respective academic department:
Art and Design
- Graphic Design, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interior Design and Interior Architecture, email@example.com
- Landscape Architecture, firstname.lastname@example.org
- User Experience Design, email@example.com
- Visual Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org
Behavioral Health Sciences
- Counseling, Psychology and Psychotherapy, email@example.com
- Public Health and Health Management, and Health Advocacy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies, email@example.com
Business Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction and Sustainability Department, email@example.com
Humanities and Languages
- English as a Second Language, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humanities and Languages, email@example.com
- College Foundations Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now hiring for C++
- Berkeley Global Access, email@example.com
- All other International Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sciences, Mathematics and Biotechnology
You should have a Ph.D. in the appropriate field of study, significant professional working experience in the specialty area and teaching experience. We are currently seeking instructors for the courses listed below. However, we welcome any applicants for any of the courses we offer; please visit the Sciences, Mathematics and Biotechnology page to view complete course offerings.
Biological Sciences: anatomy, general biology, hematology and toxicology
Physical Sciences: general physics, chemistry, organic chemistry and quantitative analysis
Email email@example.com and include "Sciences, Mathematics and Biotechnology Instructor Applicant" in the subject line.
Technology and Information Management, firstname.lastname@example.org
Now recruiting for instructors to teach:
Writing and Editing, email@example.com
Technical Communication, firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer you this opportunity to work with focused, dedicated students in a learning community that is intellectually and professionally stimulating and rewarding. The benefits of being employed at UC Berkeley Extension include:
- Our Students: Instructors tell us that they return to teach because UC Berkeley Extension draws students who are highly motivated and self-actualizing. Our professional and personal enrichment programs attract adult learners who enter the classroom with a depth of life experience and a high level of education and maturity that enriches the classroom experience. Our International Diploma Programs attract bright and ambitious students from more than 35 countries. Our Fall Program for Freshmen provides a small, nurturing, and academically rigorous community that prepares traditional students to matriculate to the main UC Berkeley campus in the spring.
- Our Reputation: UC Berkeley is a world-renowned center for research and learning. Association with UC Berkeley, through teaching engagements with Extension, offers you the opportunity to affiliate with the University in an academic role.
- Orientation and Professional Development: We want you to get off to a good start. Every August, we invite you to meet with other instructors and UC Berkeley Extension staff for an orientation session. Returning instructors are invited to attend for a refresher and to meet their Extension teaching colleagues. Some programs also offer professional development and networking opportunities.
- Library Privileges: UC Berkeley has the fourth largest library collection in the world! During your teaching term you have UC Berkeley Library privileges, including access to the stacks and access to electronic databases and electronic journals.
- Other Benefits for UC Employees: Discounts on computer equipment at The Scholar's Workstation, free Calmail email account, free admission and discounts to UC museums and athletic and cultural events.
This call for instructors will remain open indefinitely. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. View the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy.
About UC Berkeley Extension
Founding in 1891, UC Berkeley Extension is the continuing education branch of the University of California, Berkeley. Today, Extension offers 1,500 courses each year, including online courses, along with more than 65 certificates and professional programs. Free public programs are also frequently offered as a community service.