Online programs and courses are open to international students living outside of the United States.
Our full-time programs are optimized for international students visiting the United States on a student visa.
Full-Time Study-Abroad Programs
You must apply and be admitted to one of our full-time programs to obtain a student visa.
Immersives are full-time, cohort-based programs. In order to maintain your visa status, you must attend all scheduled course meetings. Immersives students are eligible for internships and Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Berkeley Global Access Programs are designed for college students and recent graduates and meet visa requirements for full-time study.
Choose Courses That Fit Your Schedule
Enroll in these courses anytime. Complete within six months of enrolling.
Enroll in these courses by their start date. Complete by their specified end date.
What Our Students Say
"I felt as if I had more access to the instructors online than I would have expected or experienced in courses that met regularly."
"Even though I've not had the chance to meet them in person, I've established a real mentoring relationship with my instructors."
"From the first class, it was about the support I got from the teachers and the open discussion forums with the students."
- How do I enroll?
- Add the course(s) you want to your shopping cart and check out. Further instructions will be emailed to you. If you're a new student, you will need to create a student profile. If you already have a profile, log in with your student ID number and password. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with registration.
- Can I start with just one course?
- Yes, you can take a single course. You do not need to enroll in an entire certificate, program or sequence.
- How are Start Anytime and Fixed-Date courses different?
Start Anytime courses are offered year-round and you can enroll anytime. Once you receive course access instructions, you're ready to begin. Generally you are expected to finish the course within six months of the start date.
Fixed-date courses require that you complete the course within the specified beginning and end dates.
- How do I schedule a proctored exam?
- We recommend you identify your proctor after you enroll in the course and no later than midway through the course to ensure that you are able to meet your course completion date. Get more information on proctored exams.
- Can I transfer credits to another school?
- Other institutions may accept UC Berkeley Extension credit toward an undergraduate degree, but acceptance is always determined by the institution to which you are applying. Get more information on transferring credits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Online Classroom
Canvas, our online learning platform, offers interactive video lectures, discussion forums, readings and more. You'll be able to message your instructor, review your graded assignments, or get technical help 24 hours a day.
Click on the video to view a tour of the online course Introductory Biochemistry.
Get In Touch
Still have questions? Call or email our program coordinators, or fill out the form below.
- Accounting, Finance and Financial Planning & Analysis
- John Otto
- email@example.com, (510) 644-4558
- Behavioral Health Sciences Online Courses
- Frida Wahlin-Lubisch
- firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 643-3883
- Business Administration and Personal Financial Planning
- Vanessa Hernandez
- email@example.com, (510) 643-1550
- College Admissions and Career Planning
- Amy Marcus
- firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 642-1172
- Clinical Research
- Michael Torcal
- email@example.com, (510) 642-1062
- HR, Marketing and Paralegal
- Debbie Luong
- firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 643-0973
- Humanities, Writing, Editing and Languages
- Jeff Metcho
- email@example.com, (510) 643-1110
- firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 643-1110
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Michael Torcal
- email@example.com, (510) 642-1062
- Project Management and Business Analysis
- Shadie Lee
- firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 664-4979
- Online Sciences
- Amanda Quang
- email@example.com, (510) 643-5932
- Technology and Information Management
- Stephen Chang
- firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 642-4153
- User Experience Design
- Kelsey Robinson
- email@example.com, (510) 643-8916