Teaching at UC Berkeley Extension is an intellectually and professionally rewarding opportunity to share your expertise with a vibrant learning community and highly motivated students. Our instructors are key to our reputation as a leader in professional and continuing education.
We invite qualified and dynamic instructors with a commitment to undergraduate, professional and continuing education to apply to the following instructor pools. The number of these part-time, non-tenure track academic positions varies from semester to semester, depending on the needs of the department. Appointment length is based upon course section schedule(s). Appointments may be renewable based on need, funding and performance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. All pools remain in place for one calendar year; those interested in remaining in the pool beyond the advertised final closing date must reapply.
Instructor Pool Job Listings
- Art and Design
- Behavioral Health Sciences
- Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences
- Clinical Research, Regulatory Affairs and Biotechnology
- Career Services
- Construction, Sustainability and HVAC
- Custom Programs
- Editing and Technical Communication
- Fall Program for Freshmen
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Spanish, Mandarin, French and Other Languages
- Technology and Information Management
- Writing, Literature and Humanities
For more information about the above UC Berkeley Extension instructor opportunities, including required qualifications and application materials, go to aprecruit.berkeley.edu. For assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific academic questions, please contact the academic department directly.