UC Berkeley Extension’s instructors form the foundation of our reputation as a leader in professional and continuing education. UC Berkeley Extension draws students who are highly motivated and self-actualizing, and we offer you this exciting opportunity to share your expertise within a learning community that is intellectually and professionally rewarding.
Teaching appointments are by agreement for the length of the course section. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. For further questions about instructor job opportunities at UC Berkeley Extension, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Postings
UC Berkeley Extension is currently seeking qualified instructors for the following positions:
- Instructor—Apache Spark (PDF)
- Instructor—Big Data (PDF)
- Instructor—Chemistry (Inorganic and Organic)
- Instructor—Clinical Chemistry
- Instructor—Full-Stack Web Development (PDF)
- Instructor—HTML5 and CSS3 (UX/UI)
- Instructor—Human Anatomy Lecture and Lab
- Instructor—Human Physiology Lecture and Lab
- Instructor—Microbiology Lecture and Lab
- Instructor—R Programming (PDF)
- Instructor—Software Project Management (PDF)
- Instructor—Swift App Development (PDF)
- Instructor—Tableau Software (PDF)
- Online Course Developer and Instructor—Certificate Program in Accounting
- Online Course Developer—SDAIE/Special Needs Education
Open Call for Teaching Applicants
UC Berkeley Extension welcomes qualified teaching applicants for any of the programs or courses we offer. Please email the academic department below and attach your CV and cover letter (program and course proposals are also accepted). This call for instructors will remain open indefinitely.
Art and Design
- Graphic Design, email@example.com
- Interior Design and Interior Architecture, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Landscape Architecture, email@example.com
- User Experience Design, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visual Arts, email@example.com
Behavioral Health Sciences
- Counseling, Psychology and Psychotherapy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health and Health Management, and Health Advocacy, email@example.com
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org
Business and Management, email@example.com
Construction and Sustainability, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Program for Freshmen, email@example.com
Humanities and Languages
- English as a Second Language, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humanities and Languages, email@example.com
- College Foundations Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Berkeley Global Access, email@example.com
- All other International Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sciences, Mathematics and Biotechnology
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and include "Sciences, Mathematics and Biotechnology Instructor Applicant" in the subject line.
- Ph.D. required.
- Significant professional working experience in your specialty area and/or teaching experience required.
Technical Communication, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology and Information Management, email@example.com
Writing and Editing, firstname.lastname@example.org