UC Berkeley's CorpEd Advisory Board brings professionals together to share ideas and best practices. The Advisory Board convenes quarterly through in-person meetings or webinars.
The in-person meetings—hosted at firms around the San Francisco Bay Area—present an excellent opportunity for senior leaders to meet and share insights about trends and innovative solutions. Each event features a moderated panel discussion with leaders from a range of industries.
There is no cost to participate, but attendance is by invitation only. Contact Robert David for more information.
HR/LAB: January 17, 2017, at UC Berkeley
HR & L&D Internal Communication Strategies
- Chris Henry, Corporate VP of Talent and Change Management @ Sutter Health
- Linda Moss, VP Global Enablement @ Palo Alto Networks
- Lesley Hoare, VP Global Talent Development @ VMware
- Marguerite Kunze, VP Talent Management & Org Dev; HRBP Product & Strategy @ Plantronics
- Corinna Snyder, Director, Learning and Development at PwC
HR/LAB Meeting: September 09, 2016, at UC Berkeley
Professor Andrew Isaacs teaching "Time management as a core skill for Leaders"
April 19, 2016, at ADP
Building a Productive Learning Culture
Moderator: Carrie Beckstrom, VP Learning & Performance @ ADP
- Scott Morgan, Dir. L&D @ LinkedIn
- Matt Morgan, VP People Practices @ Pandora
- Kate Mason, Director, People Readiness @ Federal Reserve Bank of SF
October 20, 2015, at UC Berkeley Extension's San Francisco Campus
Learn about the latest research from UC Berkeley faculty and lecturers in HR and L&OD
Moderator: Robert David, UC Berkeley Extension
- Emiliana R. Simon-Thomas, Ph.D. (Topic: The Science of Happiness vs. Sustained Happiness)
- Professor Sameer Srivastava (Topic: Measuring Culture)
- Professor Ben Hermalin (Topic: The Strategic Leader)
- Mark Coopersmith (Topic: Learning From Failure)
Below, find a video segment from Greater Good Science Center science director Emiliana Simon-Thomas, who talks about the science behind "sustained happiness."
June 24, 2015, at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland)Topic
HR+L&D Analytics and Continuous Learning
Moderator: Bob Sachs, VP National Learning & Development, Kaiser Permanente
Blaine Ames, AAA, Workforce Planning & Analytics director
Craig Ramsay, Symantec, Organizational Insights & People Analytics director Cherie Woodbury, Robert Half International, VP Enterprise Learning & Staff Development
Feb. 24 2015, at Charles Schwab (San Francisco)Topic
Discussing the McKinsey & Company article "Decoding Leadership: What Really Matters," which indentifies the four top behavior traits found with high-quality leadership teams:
- Operating toward strong results
- Ability to see different perspectives
- Effectively solves problem
Moderator: Dawn Kimball, Charles Schwab VP Education & Learning
Antonia Galindo, Pandora VP Learning & Development
Keami Lewis, Facebook Leadership Development Partner
Lisa Zuegel, Agilent Technologies Leadership Development Program Manager
Nov. 18, 2014, at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, Calif.)Topics
- Developing leaders in a distributed workplace.
- Ramping up productivity in new and early-career employees.
- Assessing an organization's future readiness and agility.
- Doing business globally and the impact on HR and L&D.
- Being inclusive and the impact we have on the communities in which we operate.
Moderator: Pat Wadors, LinkedIn VP of Global Talent Organization
Deary Duffie, Genentech Senior Director of Learning and Organization Development
Dianne Mills, Walmart Global e-Commerce SVP of Human Resources
Lisa Paul, Oclaro EVP of Human Resources
Kelly Porter, Commune Hotels VP of Learning and Employee BrandJennifer Saavedra, Visa VP of Learning and Development
Aug. 12, 2014, at Trulia (San Francisco)Topics
- Positioning HR as a business partner and staying relevant.
- Scaling HR and L&D during rapid growth and collecting feedback.
- Leveraging social media in HR and L&D programs.
- Bridging the gap between hiring and onboarding.
- Building learning into the organization.
Moderator: Elizabeth Brown, Trulia VP of HR
Corey Barker, Medallia Director of Growth and Development
Emily Couey, Eventbrite Head of People
Greg Pryor, Workday VP of Leadership and Organization EffectivenessBeth Steinberg, BrightRoll SVP of People