Learn how to build and maintain strong brands. You'll focus on such topics as brand strategy, research and positioning, as well as brand extensions, global branding, and measuring and managing brand equity over time. You then apply the information learned in class in a brand audit, where you examine a brand of your choice and make recommendations to build its brand equity.
- Learn how to develop effective brand strategies to build and maintain brand equity
- Study cases of leading firms to learn how they manage their brands
- Practice evaluating and developing actual firm branding strategies in group projects
What You Learn
- Customer-based brand equity and brand associations
- Brand positioning and brand research
- Competitive analysis and market research
- Brand elements and programs
- Integrated marketing communications
- Measuring brand equity and value
- Branding strategies and extensions
- Branding over time
- Global branding
How You Learn
- Brand team project and presentation
Is This Course Right for Me?
This class is intended for students who are now, or plan to be, working at organizations that need to maintain or build the equity of their brands. Because virtually all organizations can benefit from proper brand management, it is anticipated that students will find many opportunities to leverage the knowledge gained in this course.