Study the rules and practices of quantitative communication to ensure that your audience understands your financial and other numerical presentations. Examine ways to use software tools such as spreadsheets to produce your reports quickly and efficiently. Learn how to apply the rules and tools of quantitative communication to your specific business needs. Ensure that your financial communication supports a narrative that is clear and meaningful, whether you deliver it in printed, electronic or spoken form.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the rules of presenting quantitative information and the reasons for these rules
- Develop an appreciation of how applying the rules to present quantitative information have on the audience’s understanding of the information and its credibility
- Develop skill and facility at presenting quantitative information
What You Learn
- Presenting numbers as a communication skill
- Arabic numeral system
- Visual appearance of the information
- Words accompanying numbers
- Audience comprehension and perception
- Presenter-audience relationship
- Graphical presentation of numbers
- Tabular vs. graphical presentation
How You Learn
- Class discussions
- Guest speakers
- Student presentations
- Student interactions
Is This Course Right for Me?
This class is primarily designed for those focused on careers where presenting financial information is a critical part of the job, including corporate accounting, financial analysis, public accounting/auditing and forensic accounting. However, it will also benefit other professionals for whom presenting quantitative information effectively is critical, such as investor relations professionals, project managers, engineers, valuation advisors, paralegals and general managers.