- Learn what performance management means, how it is used correctly and incorrectly, and how to implement it in an organization
- Understand how performance management is about managing employee behavior in performing the requirements of the job
- See how performance management is key to getting organizational alignment and successful results
- Be able to develop and utilize a performance management process and a performance appraisal system
What You Learn
- Communication and employee adoption techniques
- Characteristics of effective goals and goal setting
- Monitoring performance
- Coaching and feedback
- Measuring performance against goals
- Rewards and recognition
- Leadership development and succession planning
How You Learn
- Group project to develop a performance appraisal and succession plan for an organization
Is This Course Right for Me?
This course is intended for managers and supervisors who work in small, medium or large companies, and who desire to learn more about performance management and how to effectively implement a program or partner with line managers to enhance the process.