Examine HR's shift away from an administrative function to a more strategic vision within the organization that aims to bring high-value contributions to business success. Understand the changing role of HR, and learn how to develop and present initiatives that support and inform business demands, outsourcing, technology and compliance issues. Using basic business acumen, you gain skills and best practices to evaluate your company's strategic plan and help secure a C-level seat at the table.
- Outline the purpose and goals of the HR function—from administrative to strategic initiatives
- Develop HR initiatives that support and inform business needs
- Manage HR initiatives that may conflict with business goals, such as compliance
What You Learn
- An organization’s business model, strategy, goals and key leaders/groups
- Traditional vs. non-traditional HR responsibilities and their value to organizational priorities
- Key measurements of strategic value and how to present those findings
- Commonly outsourced or technology solution–based areas of HR
How You Learn
- Case studies
- In-class, small-group discussions
- Individual projects
Is This Course Right for You?
If you have some experience with HR and want to better understand the methods and challenges of aligning HR initiatives with business profitability goals, this course is for you. If you are new to the HR field, you should start with Essentials of Human Resources.