Talent management has evolved beyond the hiring and firing of employees, and now covers all elements of human capital strategy, from employee selection, retention, performance management and compensation to succession planning, diversity and more. In this course, intended for professionals who manage talent across a broad spectrum of organizations, you survey the core elements of talent management and learn how to develop and implement effective talent management systems within your organization.
Expand or collapse section
- Understand the core elements of talent management
- Create a Talent Management system
- Develop competencies
- Be clear about the basic tenets of performance management
- Understand best practices in employee career planning and training and development
- Identify the role of diversity in talent management
- Integrate compensation with talent planning strategies
What You Learn
- Creating a talent management system
- Forces impacting a talent management system
- Performance management
- Evaluating employee potential
- Recruiting super-keepers
- Talent planning and development
- Training and development resources
- Succession planning
- Compensation strategies
How You Learn
- Case studies
- In-class activities
Is This Course Right for Me?
This course is intended for professionals who are involved in the management of talent within a broad spectrum of organizations.