Compensation, as well as benefits programs, need to reflect the changing business landscape and organizational challenges. Learn about a range of compensation and rewards programs that address monetary and non-monetary options for employees beyond salary compensation and benefits offerings. Understand and achieve ways to integrate total compensation packages with other basic HR functions that support the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, performance contributions, development and retention.
Expand or collapse section
- Learn elements, cost implications, structures and management risks of total compensation programs, including base salary, incentives, benefits, time off and scheduling programs
- Understand compliance regulations and requirements related to benefits, compensation and employment relationship classifications
- Conduct organizational evaluations of total compensation program effectiveness with respect to employee perceptions, communication and actual return on expense factors
- Identify the correlation of total compensation programs with employee relations, labor relations, legal compliance, and employee-assistance programs and associated accountabilities
What You’ll Learn
- Total rewards
- Program management
- Employer-employee value exchange
- Total rewards
- Monetary and non-monetary work-life rewards
- Total compensation design strategies
- Change management process
- Incentive pay
- Communicating and marketing total compensation programs
How You Learn
- Case studies
- Group project
- Class participation
Is This Course Right for Me?
This course is intended for anyone who is a practicing or aspiring human resources generalist.